Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Feed a cold or is it feed a fever?


Caught a cold on Saturday and today I finally felt human again. So I haven't gotten a whole lot done with anything lately. I did make dinner tonight, if heating in the micro counts as making dinner. It was better than the chicken noodle soup I've been eating for the past 2 days. Although I rather enjoy chicken noodle soup anytime. That seems like all I crave when I have a cold though.  Ice cream also helps me feel better. But than again, ice cream makes me feel better anytime. Apple juice is my choice of drink too. Yesterday I couldn't taste anything I ate or drank, but I still managed to have all of the above. I pretended I could taste it. Or was I just hoping. 

So what is the food or drink you have to have when you are sick with a cold? 

4 comments:

  1. Colds for me are very infrequent, but when I do its a very bland diet with lots of water and toast and oranges, apples and bananas. I stay away from milk based products because they seem to make my mucus worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would think the oranges would have too much acid to sooth your throat. And it seem like if you are going for the Vit C, it wouldn't help much since you already have the cold. But if it works, that is what counts. :)

      Delete
  2. I love chicken noodle soup sick or well but especially when I'm sick. Saltine crackers are always helpful too when I have a flu but not a cold because they hurt my throat. I love ice cream anytime and it works really well with a flu, but not a cold because it gets all clumpy in my throat. I love mint tea when I have a cold, or tea with lemon and honey, they really sooth the throat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You put the crackers in your soup and than they wont hurt your throat. I never thought of the tea. Since I was using hot wet washrags on my face for the steam, you'd think that would come to my mind..lol Steam from the tea if nothing else.

      Delete