Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Years Just Fly By


Today I turned 60 years old. Dang, wasn't I just 16 and falling in love, 18 and getting married, 19 and having a daughter, 24 and having a son, and 39 and becoming a grandma? Than my 40's and 50's went by so fast. Now here I am at 60. That is a big one for me. Sixty seems so old. When Rod and I talked about growing old together, was it the age of 60 that we were thinking of? I hope not, because I'm not ready to be old yet. 


Here is a picture of us dancing from last night. Ok, ok, so I'm lying. 


But now that I'm sixty, I can get away with telling lies, saying what I want to and not caring what anyone thinks. I'm sixty, remember? I think I'm going to like this 60 thing and my new attitude to go with it. I can be as cocky as I want to be. If you don't like it, look above. 

5 comments:

  1. You can always blame the bad behavior on dementia. LOL 60 is the new 45. Hey that makes us the same age. Anyone doesn't like your new bold attitude, tell em' to kick rocks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa I'm sure my kids think that is the problem. Kick rocks lol

      Delete
  2. Nancy you will never get old. You are young at heart. Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you are old. : ) Because in a few short weeks, I'm going to be over the hill! Ugh... at least I can say I wasn't a Grandma at 39! : )

    ReplyDelete