Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Family Inn of Manchester

I wonder why it took us 27 years to try a nearby restaurant. Every time we drive by it, we say we should try this place sometime.



It is called the Family Inn at Manchester. I think the outside of the place is very uninviting and we would just say, someday we will try it. 



There is a Pub right next door called the Manchester Pub. At times you might see around 100 bikers parked there. It is referred to as a Biker Friendly Bar.  Between the bar and the restaurant, they both seem very popular.

So this past Saturday evening, we decided to try something new. Or old. It depends on how you look at it. Rod, my mom and I wandered in and right away I realized how homey it felt. I guess it really is true that you can't judge a book by it's cover. 



Cute place, huh? The people working there were very friendly and helpful. I can't wait to give it another try. 


This was where we sat. It even had a wood stove to warm the room.


The fish and chips were yummy. 


And the homemade pizza was excellent. 

The next time my sister Carol comes out from TN, I know where she will want to go.
 The Biker Bar!







2 comments:

  1. I prefer the mom-pop restaurants. More character to the places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the hole in the walls as opposed to large chains. The food is tastier, the service more personal, and the atmosphere is usually more interesting.

    ReplyDelete