Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Voting Day


Yep, I did...





I dropped my ballot off at the Elections office on Monday. 

Too bad there wasn't any parking. I had to circle around and fight off the other cars wanting the same spot that I was going to get come Hell or High Water.  Having to share parking with all the courthouse people isn't fun. It would of been really nice to have a  worker out there letting you just drive up and deposit the ballot. Kind of like Tax day at midnight, at the post office, when you drive up and a postal employee takes your envelope, and you watch him/her put it in the box. Having a worker out there would be so much easier to drop off your ballot.  Frantic drivers aren't fun to do the parking dance with. 

Now I know why I never go to the Mall at Christmas time. I don't like crazy parkers.

Than I started thinking how crowded and crazy it will be on Tuesday, Election Day, trying to find a parking spot. Glad that I already got my vote in. But also glad that we don't have to go to the polling booth to cast our vote. At least mail in and drop off, is easier than standing in the voting booth.

I wish we could vote electronically from the computer. 

How do you vote? 

4 comments:

  1. I do a mail in ballot. Mine was mailed last week. I think the last time I voted at a booth was in California in 2004 a few years before I moved to the Northwest. As for Xmas shopping, I do ALL of mine online or throughout the year. I try EVERY year to be done before Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you could have given me your ballot to drop off! And, having someone out there taking ballots would take money, but you should email the Auditor. If enough people complain, things might change. It would take 10 bucks an hour, and for how many days?

    And WA is all main in voting. It changed in 2005, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they had a curbside box to drive up to and you drop in your ballot, would they still need someone there to watch it?

      Delete
  3. I think so? You should write in and see what you can do.

    ReplyDelete