Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pear Mold

It is almost Thanksgiving and if you haven't been to the grocery store yet, good luck with that. The check out lines are always so long. I went today, Tuesday, and it was fine. I think I went at the perfect time.  

Rod and I are going up to my brother Roy and sister in law Sharon's house in Bothell, on Thursday. Chris came over and picked up mom today, so she won't have to drive over and back the same day. I'm thinking the traffic will be slow going. Going there and coming back again. I will bring my book. 

So what is your favorite Thanksgiving side dish? Mine would have to be Pear Mold. It is a family favorite all these years. I sure hope someone is making it again this year. And I hope they doubled the recipe. It is that good. Trust me. 




Instead of using the Dream Whip, I always use Cool Whip. Less work. I think I just use the smaller tub. And we always double the recipe, so you would need 2 small tubs. We just wing it on that part. 

Let me know what your favorite "must have" for Thanksgiving dinner is. Also, where will you be stuffing yourself at this year? 

Happy Turkey Day Everyone!



6 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family! Does Rod have to work Friday? Duh!! Leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leslie,Happy Thanksgiving. Yes, he has to work, going in early Friday and had to work his day off today too.

      Delete
  2. Yay! I was looking for my recipe. : ) Don't worry, I plan to make it on Saturday too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first time i made it i lived in iowa..mom and dad were visiting..i put a wooden spoon in to mix when the electric beater was on and spoon got stuck and broke...we just picked the wood pieces out and ate it anyway.....it was mikes favorite....

    ReplyDelete