Friday, November 16, 2012

Freebie

While shopping for groceries today at Walmart, I heard an announcement that they were giving away a free paring knife in the  produce section. Just look for the red flashing light and listen to the man give his demonstration for 3 minutes, and you will get the free knife. 

 A free Surgical Stainless Steel knife. 

I have this knife and I love it. I stood listening to another knife man 25 years ago in Kmart. I use mine all the time. I need a new one. No wait! We will get 2 of them, because my mom gets one too..So off we go to the produce section. 

It is suppose to stay sharp for life. Than I wondered if they would replace mine, since it got caught in the garbage disposal and has a messed up handle. Hey, he said no questions asked, they just replace their knives. His little speech lasted 15 minutes, not 3 mins, and all I heard was blah, blah, blah....My back was aching and my feet were done for the day...My mom is giving me the do you really need this knife look...Come on knife dude, talk faster and slice those damn (demo) tomatoes and give us our knives already. I'm done standing here. Finally!!  Thank you! 

So now I won't have to dig in the dirty dishwasher looking for that favorite knife. I have backups!

At the Pullayup Fair, I've stood and listened and bought a squeegee with a long handle, a magnetic duster, and the pink gel cleaner in a tub. Oh and a shammy rag.  

What demos have you stood around listening to? Did you get anything free?





8 comments:

  1. Never have bought anything because I always thought things sounded to good to be true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to buy something on the spur of the moment once in your life. Try it on the Infomercials on TV. Don't you need a $99.00 Mr Pillow?

      Delete
  2. You should hit up all of the Walmarts, and get more free knives! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea, but I don't think I could stand there for that long again. I have 3 of them now and they last a lifetime, so I'm set for life..lol

      Delete
  3. I got a shammy, a handy food chopper from the chop chop man at the Orange County Fairground Swap Meat, A food Dehydrator, and the only left, is the chop chop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to have the vacuum food bag thingy. Although I liked it, it was a counter eyesore and went under the cupboard and out of sight, out of mind. Now I just think it is too time consuming to vacuum a leftover cup of carrots..ha Just give me a zip lock bag.

      Delete
  4. I remember you and Tom just had to have that squeegie thing that had real rubber tire on it. You would have that it was Xmas in Sept the way you guys loved them! : ) I listened to the Vitamix guy at Costco a few years ago, and he had me convinced I couldn't live without one, until the very end and he announces it was $350! I quickly walked away in search of free samples. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we were excited. We split the cost of that thing. Loved it until I got home and realized that it meant work, so I used it once and I have no clue where it went. But I HAD to have it. Remember we used to get our rings cleaned at the fair every year and than had our hands minked? We never bought any of that stuff, but we made sure we did that every year.

      Delete