Sunday, October 7, 2012

A Pot Luck Saturday Drive

I figured I'd spend the day getting the wash done and just being lazy. Those plans changed when my mom walked out of her room wearing her new blue shirt, with her pearls on, carrying her blue sweater vest and her purse, asking me what our plans are for the day. I had to think fast. How about after lunch, we go for a drive? She was more than happy with that adventure. 
First stop is the Manchester Dock, so we can look at the great view of Seattle. The water was beautiful and blue, with ferries, sail boats, and small fishing boats. She says "that is one BIG chunk of water". Yep, the Puget Sound is pretty chunky, I mean big.


Here is a cell phone photo I took of Seattle today. My big camera was in the back seat. 

We like to go to Manchester State Park, usually a few times a week, just to see who is camping and to see if the trees are changing color yet. Or getting leaves in the Spring. Or have snow on the branches. We have this thing with campers and trees. That seems like an odd combination, but that is how we roll..


I took a few pictures of my mom while we were there.


And than she wanted to take a picture of me too. Picture Perfect!!  
Nice branches there huh? I look so pale, and blurry, and almost out of the picture. I told you she liked the trees. 


Turned around in this driveway and I loved the country look to it.


I pulled over so we could look at the Camel. There are 2 of them in this fenced yard. He was giving me the eye. My question is, who says "lets go get a camel or two" We live in the cold, rainy northwest. Don't camels like the dry, hot 125 degrees heat?


This is a nice little private beach. It has a few beach chairs and some sand. I took the girls here to play in the water in the summer. 



Oh yeah, you have to be a member to play in the water here. I wonder how one becomes a member?
 Never mind, we just sneak in and pretend we are members. Mom likes to go there. So now I'm helping my mother break the law. 
We are such rebels.


Passed by this little area of water. There was a big orange machine digging it bigger. It must be a pond they are making. 
I thought it was perfect the way it is now. 


On to the next sightseeing stop. This little place is called Wynn Jones Park, but the parks and recreation  director of a certain county around here, doesn't want anyone to know about this little gem, so he won't put up a sign to let the public know. He lives there with his girlfriend and thinks he owns the place..Another blog, another day to come. 
 But I know and I stop in there every few weeks to look at the beautiful view. 


The ducks are back! 
They always come back home in the Fall. 
My mom loves to sit and watch the ducks. She says look at all the ducks. Than she says, 
"There is no reason for anyone to go hungry this weekend" 
I've tried to explain to her more than once, that you can't just go shooting a duck in town. 
She says, "Of course you can, how else are you going to catch one to eat"? 
Duck nuggets anyone? 


This is one of my favorite places to go sit and look at the view. There is a Kingfisher Bird that hangs out here. He is kind of a skittish bird and it isn't easy to sneak up on him to get a picture. I have a good photo somewhere. Another day, another blog.
  

Next we drove over to see the ferry coming in from Vashion Island. 


It is always fun to watch them dock the big ferry cruise, 
as my mom calls it. 
Today he missed the mark. But eventually he got it. I don't understand why everyone thinks I'm odd to want to wear a life jacket while on the ferry. Or carry around the booth seat to be used as a floating device. Or stand next to the lifeboats. Or..........


We stopped to watch the Salmon jumping out of the water. They are trying to swim upstream to lay their eggs. The fish will probably just jump in to this guy's boat. Why bother using a fishing pole?


Than on the way back home, we stopped to admire this spider that moves. Very Halloweeny! And his eyes light up. I found one just like this in my kitchen last night. It was an ugly ugly sight. Got the bug net, opened the front door and tossed net and spider on to the porch and locked the door quickly. Ugh...



Just a pretty bunch of trees that make a tunnel over the roadway on our way back home. Did I tell you my mom likes trees? She even asked me how they can count all the tree. I said huh? She said nevermind. 
So when you go on that anything goes drive, where do you like to drive to? 
































6 comments:

  1. Yes, it does. It moves like every 10 seconds. At first you don't know it and than boom, it moves and you scream...ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this adventure and the Photos tell the story beautifully. You are such a GREAT Photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lisa. I love photo story telling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LIKE TO EXPLORE SMALL TOWNS AND EAT IN OFF THE ROAD CAFE'S..MOM AND POP PLACES ARE THE BEST...LOVE THE COUNTRY AND SEEING ALL THE BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY HOMES...ONE DAY I WANT TO DRIVE ROUTE 66...REMEMBER THAT NANCY?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes route 66 in Dad's station wagon with 7 kids with no seatbelts. lol

      Delete