Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Costco Party


I love going to Costco. Yesterday we decided we needed to go there for just the Kirkland brand coffee and bread. Who can go in there and come out with just what you have on your list? I sure can't and I've tried. Today we actually got out before the register totaled up to $100.00. It should have been $15.00 max if we had stuck to just the coffee and bread. Somebody had to throw in chocolate chip cookies and carrot cake cupcakes. Not naming names here, but I was the one to put the cupcakes in the basket.

We always start by the TV's and let Rod pretend he owns the 70 inch flat screen $1750.00 floor sample. I was intrigued at how clear the picture was. I did mention that I needed to replace my big old old old TV from 15 years ago. I just can't seem to replace it, since it still works. Even though the ABC channel is having sound problems lately. That clicking noise is annoying. So his suggestion was that I take his TV with sound issues too, and he could get the 70 inch one. Nice try mister. The cameras and external 2 TB hard drives did catch my eye though. It was fun to window shop.

Today we hit the sample bonanza. Maybe Columbus Day wasn't so bad of a holiday after all. We were treated to tapioca pudding, teriyaki meatballs, orange chicken, chicken cheese ravioli, pizza pockets, cup of noodles, chocolate truffles candy, Alfredo noodles, beef taquitos, seafood on crackers, blueberry chocolate balls, berry smoothie, and a chicken nugget that wasn't chicken,(which went in to the trash). We passed on a few of the icky ones. But overall I think we hit the mother-load. 

Wouldn't this be a great place to hold a party or wedding reception on sample days? All the free appetizers you could eat. Than move on over to the snack bar and have an open bar, all paid for in advance for the guests. Pizza and hot dogs for everyone. Than everyone shuffles on over to the music section, where you can listen to the latest songs while dancing in the isles. No need to hire a photographer. Have the salesmen show you how those expensive cameras work, and how easy it is to download the pictures to a new laptop, that you might or might not be interested in buying. Just hit send to your email. Now everyone can boogie on over to the bakery department and have a slice of the decorated sheet cakes. Don't forget that Costco now sells Whiskey, if you would like to have a happy hour drink. Haven't see those free samples yet. Waiting. So grab your drink and park your butt on one of those comfy couches and recliners you always pass by. I think I might have a brilliant party idea here. The store even supplies the restrooms and free parking. How many parties can you go to, and have your new tires installed while you eat and be merry. Or is that drink and be merry? Either way, just be merry. Unless this was your wedding reception, than be marry. 



I have a cupcake waiting for me....

4 comments:

  1. WOW IF YOU ATE ALL THAT YOU'D BE ALL SET FOR THE DAY...HECK WITH DINNER...IT IS FUN WHEN YOU HIT THE FREE STUFF...FUNNY HOW WE NEVER PICK UP THAT ITEM WE JUST SAMPLED...HA...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it was like dinner. Mom thinks she HAS to stand there and explain to the lady why she doesn't think she wants to buy that item from the sample..I keep telling her that you just say thank you and walk away...She can't do it...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Costco is a dangerous place for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I promise if I ever get married again, it'll be at Costco. : ) Love that idea!

    ReplyDelete