Wednesday, October 31, 2012

BOO!!


When I was a kid, I used to go trick or treating with my sister and a few of my brothers, (the older brothers took off with friends). We would dress up with whatever we could find, usually as a Hobo, Aunt Jemima  or a Gypsy. We always used pillowcases to put the candy in. We would cover a lot of blocks and come home around 10-11 pm exhausted. So when I had kids of my own, we did the same thing with them. I think they enjoyed it. Or was it just us still having fun and telling them that they still have 3 whole blocks to cover? Than we did the same thing with a few of the grand kids too. 

Here are a bunch of Halloween photos of my kids over the years, with a few others thrown in. 



The Unhappy Bride


They were so cute!


From the looks of what she is holding, I think she was in charge of cups for her school party.


 Holly Hobby and my little garbage man!


Little policeman and my big baby Jennifer



They were KOOKY SPOOKS that year. How cool were they?


Can you tell that even their dad loves Halloween?


When your dad is a mailman, you become Mailman Jr. 


My lovely little lady and again we have an Indian. 


My little girl was growing up..or out?


and out again!


Their cousins Michael and Cherie



The last time I dressed up for Halloween. Left, me, the pretty one. Center, Jennifer, not sure, and on the right, well I'm not sure again. Deck of cards maybe? But there was a lot of hair going on. 


Clowning around! I use to wear that blouse and thought I needed the make up to match it?


Tommy before his makeover 


and Tommy after the makeover, plus a black eye. 

Hoping everyone going trick or treating and has a lot of fun. Grab those pillow cases and get going. You still have 10 blocks to cover. 

Do you have a favorite costume from years ago? 



























  

4 comments:

  1. WE LIVED BY AN APARTMENT BUILDING ONCE AND THAT WAS SO COOL...ALOT OF PLACES IN ONE PLACE AND DIDN'T HAVE TO WALK FAR...LOVED IT...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that we made our costumes from things around the house and our parents clothes. These days costumes are purchased and the creativity of creating them is gone. I'll have to see if I can find pictures of the boys costumes when they were little. I made a killer Orange Dragon costume for Brandon that later got passed to Wyatt that was amazing if I do say so myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.M.G. : ) Although, not sure what was with the need for the big boob costumes! I think the best was your clown face. That should be your profile picture on FB. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. And, I'm laughing that you found an ad for those ridiculous blow up costumes too!

    ReplyDelete