Friday, October 19, 2012

Paper Dolls


Do you know why you were named, the name that you have? My mom told me that I was named after one of her paper dolls. The doll was called Baby Nancy. In case you don't know my mom, she had 17 dolls. So I guess Baby Nancy was her favorite one. She still loves baby dolls and if she sees one in a garage sale or thrift store that needs to be adopted, she will make a beeline for it. I was told my middle name was after her Aunt Ellen.

When my daughter was born, I named her Jennifer. I don't think I ever told her where I heard the name and loved it so much. There was a family across the street that I would sometimes babysit. The little girl's name was Jennifer Datie. I didn't name her after that little girl, but it was the first and only Jennifer I knew of. I let my mom pick out her middle name, Lynn. 



She got Lynn from the Jenny Lynn Cribs. We came up with Jennifer Lynn. My mom really tried to talk me in to calling her Heidi, since I lived in Germany. But I was set on Jennifer. I'm sure Jennifer is happy that I stayed with Jennifer. 

When my son was born, I didn't know what to name him until just before he was born. He was suppose to be a girl, by the Doctor's theory of counting the heartbeat. We didn't have ultra sounds for babies back than. So I had the name Mindy picked out. But also had a boy's name just in case. I was going to call him Jason, but I knew I loved the name Christopher more. 


I liked how Kris Kristofferson spelled his first name, and thought it would be different. So that is how Kristopher Jason came about. Since I really wanted to call name him Clark Kent, I think he will also be glad I chose Kristopher.   

Who or what were you named after? Any special reasons why you picked your children's names? 

5 comments:

  1. I'll have to ask my mom one of these days how she came up with my name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you were pretty original with Jennifer Lynn back in the 70's. : ) I think I've met hundreds of Jennifer Lynn's that are all in their 30's and 40's over the years! I think we should start calling Kris, Mindy just for fun!

    Casey was going to be Casey or Kasey if he was a boy or a girl. His father wanted Warren for a boy, but I gladly shot him down! For Ryan, I wanted Cameron, but his father shot me down. Ashlyn was going to be Kaylyn, Ashley, Kaylie or since her father wanted Ashton, we settled on Ashlyn. Mackenzie because I liked it, and that was all that mattered. : )

    None of my kids were named until after a lengthly battle and I think they are all pretty satisfied with their names. After all, if I had given in, I would have an 8 yr old daughter named Penelope Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so Joshua and Jessica were my favorite characters on Days of our Lives thats how I got their first names. Joshua Mark is after my cousin Mark. And since they told me he was a girl by the ultra sound I had to find a middle name for Jessica so Robin and I went though all the names until one flowed right with the name and came up with Jessica Renee. Jacqueline Michelle I was just looking for a J name that I liked and if you ask her I was looking for the longest name I can find. Jerame Allen was another J name and Davids middle name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soap opera characters...haha I guess my Kris Kristofferson wasn't so far fetched...

      Delete