Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Rain and Fog

Woke up Monday morning and it was pouring rain, breezy and cool outside. Plus it was foggy..I love the fog. I said we have errands to do. My mom looked at me like I was nuts. She doesn't think anyone should step foot outside if it is raining or even looks like it might rain, shower, or mist. So after many layers of clothes on her, we went to the post office and the library. No waiting in line at either one of these places as I live in Hickville.

Before we left the house I thought, I'll take fog and rain pictures on our driving adventure today. But guess who forgot the camera? Hey, I was busy carrying my library books and the package to be mailed. No problem. This will be a cell phone photo shoot. We started off looking at the salmon jumping. Nope, can't zoom enough to see them with a cell phone camera.



But here is the guy in the boat trying to catch them. You wouldn't catch me standing in that boat with that creepy seaweed. Ok, you wouldn't catch me sitting in that boat either. You wouldn't catch me in that boat period. Nope. 



The ducks sure didn't mind the rain. Happy Ducks!


Happy Bird!  Happy I have electric windows too!


On a clear day, you would be seeing Seattle behind that ship. 


I love piers, or in this case, a rickety old fishing dock.  


Looks like a good spot as any to park this boat.


I like this place. Oh yeah, you have to be a member to be here. 


The leaves are beautiful even in the rain. 


Lots of yellow. Lots of leaves. 


Everyone is trying to catch the Salmon. It was pouring rain. Notice the rain hitting the water? I think I'd rather just go to the grocery store or the fish market. Or wait for a nicer day


 It was raining like crazy. Maybe they are crazy. Maybe they just like salmon a lot. Here is a tip for you all, go to the store. 


The same guy in his boat, getting wet! I kind of like this picture. 


The fog was really thick out there in places today. 
I thought my cell phone camera took some pretty good pictures with all the rain and fog. But I will stick with my big camera and my zoom!!
Now I have a craving for some salmon!


























2 comments:

  1. VERY GOOD PICTURES..I LOVE THE WET LOOK IN THE FALL...THE LEAVES LOOK SO MUCH PRETTIER...AS FOR THE SALMON...YOUR RIGHT,,,GO TO THE STORE...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a lady fishing in a very nice WHITE down jacket in the same spot as your Bay St picture. She looked like she had just had her nails done, and I was thinking, "Lady, go to Red Lobster. That jacket looks expensive"!

    ReplyDelete