Monday, October 8, 2012

Columbus Day


Happy Columbus Day!! 
Columbus Day is a get out of work day. (For some workers.) Get out of school day too. What a stupid holiday. I know, I know, you like that paid Holiday. It is one of those Holidays that I think is a waste of calendar space for celebrating. Instead of Columbus Day, I'd rather have Flag Day as a paid National Holiday. Or Cupcake day, or Rake Leaves Day. Just about anything but
 Mr Columbus. 



How can you celebrate Columbus day? Cook a Turkey dinner?, open presents?, shoot off fireworks?, give someone you love a box of candy?, drink Green Beer?, dress scary and get free candy? Maybe you could take a Seattle ferry and pretend you are on one of the 3 ships, the Nina, Pinta or Santa Maria with your compass and binoculars. 

If you are one of those lucky ones to get Monday off as a paid holiday, enjoy your day!
What would you like to see celebrated instead of Columbus Day every year?




6 comments:

  1. Lets celebrate National talk like a Pirate day! Or Mad Hatters Day! How about Boston Tea Party day and we could all drink tea? Columbus day is a waste of calendar space. I still have to work (as do most of the people I know). My kids still have school. So what makes it a Holiday? Its like having a National Scratch and Sniff day, though that might a fun one to celebrate. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pirate's day might be fun. We could all talk funny.

      Delete
    2. Arrrrrr, To be sure. Now swab the deck me matey.

      Delete
  2. How about Baseball Season Opening Day as a Holiday? All day games in the April sun with 1/2 price beer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a whole lot of people would agree on a Baseball Season Opening Day as a paid holiday..I might even go to a game too, well, maybe not..lol

      Delete
  3. I had to work. Columbus Day is pretty dumb. I am rather ashamed that we celebrate Columbus, when a paid holiday could be spent on 9/11 Memorial Day or something that people would actually take the time out of their day for remembrance. I think Presidents' Day is kind of lame too. : )

    ReplyDelete