Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Big Storm


How many hours did you spend watching the once in a lifetime storm on the east coast today?  I put in 12 hours of CNN, FOX and the Weather Channel today. I was glued to all the networks. I couldn't get enough of the news people risking their lives standing in waist deep water, winds knocking them over, and rain flying sideways on to their faces. The whole time they were yelling about other people that were out and about in the hurricane. Well, those people that are sightseeing, probably saw the news people playing in the storm. Of course they want to come out now too.


The news people seem to get more extreme for each storm. I did laugh at the news guy who was showing that the water was ankle deep on the boardwalk, and got his foot stuck between the boards.

It was very windy here today too and it was odd to watch the hurricane on TV and listen to the wind outside. Sound effects I guess. 

I suppose tomorrow I'll be glued to the news again. I need to know that everyone is safe and dry. 

Hopefully, I will be able to get the dishes done too. 

3 comments:

  1. One of my dear friends and former co-workers Gerald Baugh now lives in NYC. He e-mailed to let me know hes safe, but that the street beneath his apartment building was flooded. Power is intermittent and all transportation has been shut down. He says he has 4-5 days of food so he thinks he'll be fine. Jeff and I laugh all the time at the extremes to which reporters go to show the weather stories particularly. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that house would be flooded or gone. I don't know why they would ever build right on that creek.

    ReplyDelete