Thursday, October 25, 2012

Lost in Town

Went for a 3 hour drive with my mom. Figured I'd find some pretty Fall colors. Took the big camera and had it ready for quick shots. I decided to go to the other side of town that is more rural, hoping to see lots of changing leaves. I was about 10 miles out in nowhere land, and the trees were mostly evergreens and no color changing trees. I decided to turn around and go back to town. But which way is town? I'm not sure which way is which. I'm not lost, am I?


And this is what I saw on that little road I turned on to. Wow, just beautiful. I think it was worth getting lost for. 


And I was still lost. I had to pull over and use my GPS on my cell phone. But we had no connection so far out in "where the Hell are we land". Than my mom starts getting nervous and saying things like "I don't want to sleep out here tonight" or "do we have enough gas"? So I had to reassure her that we would find Port Orchard again soon. As I'm looking at the gas gauge and wondering if we have 2 blankets in the trunk for sleeping with tonight. 


Thought this was a neat looking tree we found on our travels. We kept going left and we finally found our way back to town. We really needed ice cream after our adventure. Reminder to myself to put crackers and water in the trunk for getting lost next time. And jammies, a few pillows and a bedtime snack. 


And here is my favorite photo from driving around. No Fall colors, but that water was like a mirror. Pretty as a picture! 





4 comments:

  1. Lost. That's classic! I can just hear that phone call. "911". "I'm lost in my hometown". : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know, that was the funny part. Have you been out there lately? It is confusing.

      Delete
  2. I think you need to keep an empty coffee can and a couple of candles (in case you need warmth in the car), some kitty litter (in case of getting stuck in the snow/ice), some prayer cards... just in case in case.... And, don't forget Mom's Chesters.... that would be a real problem

    ReplyDelete