Saturday, October 27, 2012

Remember Way Back When?

I was looking at a few items from way back when. There are a lot of memories when you see so many things that you can't buy anymore. Well, I suppose you can buy them somewhere, but not something you'd see in the stores. 


I always thought these were fun to play with. There was also a flat wiggly that you could pet and it would move as you petted it. I can't remember the name of those though. It was in the late 60's or early 70's. Actually, it was just a piece of fuzzy fabric that had a name and was all the rage.  


And why was this called Mr Bubbles? Mrs Bubbles sounds more appropriate, doesn't it? 


Who ever thought that these would go out of style one day?


I think you can still buy these at specialty store. I was always undecided if I really liked these or not. 


We sure got a lot of use out of these as kids. We would fill them up with kool-aid and wait all day for them to freeze. 


Remember the Mood rings? The stone in the ring would change colors depending on your mood. 


And everything was Groovy!!

What item do you remember from way back when?


Peace Out





4 comments:

  1. I still have a set of the freezer pops. And You can find all kinds of nostalgic candy at the candy store in Seaside, including the gums in the photo above. So many toys are gone now and so many "high tech contraptions" that its turns out were not high tech at all. I remember my Grandfather taking us to the store just outside of the mobile home park they lived in on the outskirts of Lancaster and we could fill a paper bag full of "penny candy" with 50 cents. Bit'O'Honey and Mary Janes were always and still are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU CAN BUY ALL THOSE CANDIES AND SODAS AT A RESTAURANT HERE IN THE SOUTH CALLED CRACKER BARREL..YOU CAN EVEN GET OLD FASHION TOYS TOO...WE BOUGHT ALOT OF CANDY FROM THERE FOR OUR 70'S PARTY..I LOVED THOSE MARY JANES TOO..REMEMBER THAT LITTLE STORE ON FRENCH ST NAN, WE USED TO BUY PENNY CANDY THERE TOO..SUCH A TREAT..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I remember that little mom and pop store. If we had a penny, we were so there..haha

    ReplyDelete