Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I Love to Read

Last year I read close to 100 books. I know this, because I kept track on Goodreads. I finally gave up keeping track. It took time away from my reading. I had a goal of reading at least 100 books during the year and I came pretty close. I would say between 85-100 books. Give or take. Last Christmas my son Kristopher and his love Nora, gave me a Kindle. What a surprise that was. I've been downloading free books like I am a book addict. But I'm proud of it. Let me go look at how many books I have downloaded. Ok, back.... 90 books to read on my Kindle. I told you I love downloading free books. I think I have more books than I have friends on Facebook. Maybe I can download some friends. 
The weird thing about my reading, is that I only read Amish books. I'm in love with the Amish. I have been for many years. I have an Amish friend, Effie, that I have been  pen pals with for 22 years. I even met her once. She lives in PA. The Amish way of life fascinates me. Anyways, the past few months I've been downloading all types of books to broaden my reading horizon. I do enjoy reading other books besides Amish, but I always say after this book. First I need to know if Meghan Yost marries Jacob Schultz, or stays an old maid and a teacher. And than I have A Season for Tending (Book One) to read. Rhoda Byler has a gift for growing herbs and berries. She has a "gift" for crying out loud. I know you find this humorous that I'm so Amish. That will be  another Blog very soon. I have lots to say about that. 
I hate reading mysteries and murder stuff. Gives me the willies. I like happy reading. 
What is your favorite type of reading? What book are you reading right now? 


6 comments:

  1. I ENJOYED READING YOUR BLOG....I HAVEN'T TRIED THE CHIPS YET BUT I WILL..I TOO ENJOY READING..I JUST FINISHED 30 SHADES OF GRAY...LOLOL...A LONG WAY FROM THE AMISH...LOL....KEEP ON WRITING....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, if you liked 50 Shades, you should read "Bared to You" by Sylvia Day. It was similar! : ) jen.

      Delete
  2. Reading is one of FAVORITE pastimes and I love my NOOK! The danger for me is when I get a really easy read that keeps the pages turning and I find myself still reading @ 3:00 a.m. when I have to work the next day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps the biggest irony here is your fascination with the Amish and your addiction to electricity and modern conveniences such as social media! : ) btw... I do not want you to blog if you ever read 50 Shades! lol

    j.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My camera and cell phone, ok and my computer, is why I'm not Amish. But wait, I'm allergic to horses...Now what?

      Delete