Friday, October 26, 2012

Peas




As I was making dinner tonight, and putting the peas in a saucepan, I wondered why I always have to have peas with my chicken and dumplings. They just make the meal complete. I can hear a certain someone gag on that comment. I even went to the store, just to get the peas for dinner.  


So that got me to thinking about what other foods people eat together. I think the top of the list would probably be cranberry sauce with their turkey dinner. It kind of ruins the dinner without it. 

I have to have tarter sauce with any fish I eat. Except tuna fish for sandwiches. But come to think of it, it might actually be better than mayo. The sample lady at Costco this week was giving out samples of tuna mixed with mayo and hot sauce...I passed on that one. I always have to have dill pickles on my sandwiches, and hamburger. It wouldn't be the same without pickles. None of those icky sweet pickles either. I can't eat an egg without ketchup. Or popcorn without salt. I find any steak or prime rib is boring without A-1 sauce. Hotdogs have to have mustard. It just isn't a hotdog without it.  

My mom is the only person I know that has to put salt in her Campbell's chicken noodle soup. Whoa, too much sodium there mom. She said no, salt is good for you..lol

So what foods do you have to have together? 

12 comments:

  1. PEANUTBUTTER AND BANANAS THE BEST...MUSTARD AND KETCHUP ON HOTDOGS...CORN WITH CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS NOT PEAS...ALSO CORN WITH MAC AND CHEESE...YES KETCHUP WITH EGGS...BACON WITH PANCAKES...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Funny how your youngest daughter will stand at a pea vine and eat all the peas. She loved them that much. lol

      Delete
  3. Corned beef and cabbage, Steak and Baked Potato, Chicken and Waffles, Salisbury Steak with Mashed Potatoes and Corn. I prefer my scrambled eggs with tobasco not ketchup and my Prime Rib with Aujjus and Horseradish. :) (This is Lisa, still wating for google account to be fixed)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't get the Chicken and Waffles...How do you eat those? Syrup on the waffle with fried chicken? Sounds like an odd combo to me...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom used to eat peanut butter and Pickle sandwiches. I could never bring myself to try one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your mom always use to eat pork and beans with onions sandwiches too..But yeah, peanut butter and pickles is gross..lol

      Delete
  6. Soup always needs a grilled cheese sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to have grilled cheese with Tomato soup..But any other soup, any sandwich will work.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete