Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Ketchup Potato Chips



Last week I came across a bag of Ketchup Potato chips at the new Big Lots store in town.

They were only $2, so I said to my mom who was with me,"Yep, I have to give those a try". The bag had a Heinz Ketchup bottle on it ,so they couldn't be all that bad. I remember when I was in High School, a friend and I would walk to the Carl's Jr hamburger place, to get some fries and a coke. It cost something like 49 cents for the fries, and about the same for the soda. I never had any money, unless you count stealing a quarter out of my dad's sock drawer MY money, than yes, I had money, a quarter. That will be another story sometime. So back to the Ketchup Chips. My friend got an allowance, and me with 6 brothers and a sister, did not. Unless you consider my quarter an allowance. Ok, I'll go with that, it makes me feel better. Back to the Ketchup Chips again for real this time. When my friend was broke and we couldn't go to Carl's Jr for our french fries, we would sit at her house and eat plain chips dipped in Ketchup. It was almost the same thing. They were pretty good. So this week when I tried the Ketchup Chips, I traveled back in time to the 1970's. Why did I want to start singing Hey Jude? It took me back a few years. So did I really like these chips, or just memories of the past? I'll have to think on that some more.

Yesterday most of my family up here in the NW, got together at my oldest brother's house and we were eating chips and dips out on the back deck. So of course I had to make everyone try my new found bag of chips. There were a few gags, more than a few "Oh Geezes", and a few added "Oh Grosses". And than you have a few that wouldn't even try one chip. You'd think I had asked them to eat a bug. Jennifer, don't ever sign up for Survivor. lol But I did have one person who liked them. Here is my new chip buddy, Chris. Say that 3 times.. He is so special, that he will have his picture in my 1st blog.  


Here is another treat for you to try. I saw this and thought, wow, what will they come up with next? Candy Corn Oreos...

And than I saw these! Candy Corn M&M's. 


Here are two pictures of the chip taste testers from our Sunday get  together. I have no clue why we took boys only and girls only photos. I guess we are just a weird family. And they always tell me I'm the weird one. 




My question to you is, what odd flavored food combination would you like to see?








6 comments:

  1. I would never survive, Survivor! Although, it starting off as a good season to watch! : ) Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the Candy Corn M&M and thought they were okay. I want to try those oreo's, but the ketchup chips I am not sure about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey David, How did you post a comment using your name? We are learning and finding leaving comments hard to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peanut butter banana cookies would be awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds really good..Or Marshmallow and Peanut cookies!

      Delete
  5. Nancy beneath the comment box is an option for how I want to sign it. I think because I am coming directly from Facebook and or google (gmail) and am signed in on both it automatically recognizes me

    ReplyDelete